Introducing The Elephant Bedroom Camp, Samburu
This week we introduce to you the Elephant Bedroom Camp, Samburu. The Camp offers luxury in a setting of breathtaking beauty. It is set along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and shaded by doum palms and other trees that make up this green belt of riverine forest in Samburu National Reserve.
Elephant Bedroom Camp is located in the Samburu National Reserve approximately 45 minutes away from Archers Post. The surrounding Samburu National Reserve is an area of spectacular scenery; its dry plains are bisected by the meandering river, with the backdrop of Africa’s dramatic mountains, including Mt Kenya. The 14 spacious tents have rustic and colourful African touches, offering all the comforts; including a private plunge pool on the deck, hot and cold running water, electricity (and complimentary herbal shower and bath products.)
The lounge and dining area is decorated with vibrant safari style, its soft intimate lighting assuring that this is the ultimate place to relax in between exciting game drives. Elephants, Monkeys, Impalas are amongst the camp’s many regular wild visitors, whilst Samburu National Reserve has a good number of lions and leopards and offers the opportunity to see many species endemic to northern Kenya.
The Elephant Bedroom Camp is a great safari destination for a relaxing and unforgettable experience. Book your safari this season and don’t forget to tag along your friends and family to enjoy the warmth of our hospitality as you feast on our delicious camp meals.
Elephant Bedroom Camp is an intimate tented camp with simplistic elegance, luxury and style providing an astonishing safari experience.
- Kalama Airstrip, in Kalama Community Conservancy, is 20 km from the camp
- Oryx Airstrip is within the Samburu National Reserve and is 15kms away from Elephant Bedroom Camp
- Buffalo Airstrip, in Isiolo County, is 16 km away from Elephant Bedroom Camp
- Approximately 325kms from Nairobi on the main Thika Highway. It takes about five hours to drive to the camp.
ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES:
- 2 Ensuite deluxe tented rooms each with a private plunge pool
- 12 (8 twin and 4 doubles) spacious luxury tented rooms, each with its own private plunge pool
- Dining tent and lounge with a picturesque view of the Ewaso Nyiro river
- Gift shop
- Alfresco breakfast and lunch point facing the river
- Free Wifi available in the public areas
- Spa Services
- Guided bushwalk and birding with qualified guides
- Bush breakfast/ Bush dinner
- Custom designed open-sided 4 wheel-drive game viewing vehicles
- Cultural experiences at a Samburu Village
- View over a water hole frequented by resident elephants and other wildlife
Check Out Other Atua Enkop Properties – CLICK HERE