Tasty Sweet & Sour CHICKEN WINGS
Because 90 minutes of a grueling, anxiety filled soccer match call for the right kind of nibbles to keep the hunger pangs away.
- 1.4kg chicken wings (separated and tips removed)
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 227 grams of canned crushed pineapples ( not drained)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cover shallow baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Spread chicken wings in a single layer in pan.
- Brown wings for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain fat from pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile combine all remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and glossy, stirring constantly.
- Cover chicken wings with half of the sauce.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake 30 minutes.
- Turn wings, cover with remaining sauce, and bake 30 minutes more.
Preparation time: 1hr 45mins