ONDA Restaurant and Bar at Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi
Taste the Best at Sea with Award-Winning Chef Giacomo Gaspari at the ONDA Restaurant and Bar
ONDA Restaurant and Bar is situated on the beach, serving a selection of seafood and meat dishes in a tranquil setting.
Check out the Menu CLICK HERE
Operating Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
Meet Our Award-Winning Chef Giacomo Gaspari
Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili is called “bembeleza”. Sit in the Balinese chaise longue on your private terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence. Your dream of total relaxation has finally come true. The Resort is located along the silver sand beach of Malindi at about 2 hours drive from Mombasa International Airport and 15 minutes from Malindi Airport.
The Resort features 33 junior suites and 2 suites customized with Italian designed furniture, Jacuzzi bathtub, satellite TV, complimentary internet connection. The elegantly furnished interiors have an exotic feel and offers all comforts of the contemporary lifestyle.
Facilities in the room include:
- King size or European twin beds with mosquito net
- Sofa bed, arm chair and dressing table
- Individual air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Daily stocked mini bar with coffee and tea making facilities
- Terrace or balcony with garden view
- Large bathroom with double wash hand basin, Jacuzzi bathtub, walk-in shower, WC, bidet and hairdryer
- Fine toiletries, bathroom amenities and bathrobes
THE ALL INCLUSIVE CONCEPT
- Welcome cocktail
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at The Terrace restaurant
- Soft drinks, fruit juices, beer, house wine, tea, coffee and selected spirits served at the restaurant and bar as per schedule
- Wi-Fi internet in public areas
- Gym facilities (9:00 to 19:00)
- Daily activities, table tennis, evening animation program
- Beach towels, sun beds and beach umbrellas
- 24 hour reception
- Concierge and luggage storeroom
- Room service available upon request for breakfast
- Laundry and pressing service (at charge)
- Medical assistance with doctor on call (at charge)
- Conference facilities
- Swimming pool
- Mvua African Rain Spa with Thalassotherapy and Gym
- Spherique fashion boutique
- Daily and evening entertainment program, water sports, diving, table tennis, volleyball. Offered at the nearby Sandies Tropical Village.
- Baby cot, high chair and baby sitting service on request
- All major credit cards accepted: Visa, Amex and MasterCard
FOOD AND BEVERAGES SERVICE FACILITIES
The Terrace Restaurant
You can choose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool. The cuisine has an Italian flair to it with a selection of fresh fish and seafood. Service is table d’hote style and a vegetarian menu is available upon request. Breakfast from 7:30 to 10:00. Lunch from 13:00 to 14:30. Dinner from 20:00 to 21:30
The majority of the vegetables are sourced from our in house organic farm.
Onda Beach Grill
Located directly on the beach overlooking the Indian Ocean serves seafood from the charcoal oven. Reservation required.
Savana Restaurant (at sister hotel, Sandies Tropical Village)
The main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet, offering a fusion of international and Italian cuisine. Vegetarian menu is available upon request.
FAEL’S Cocktail Bar
Centrally located on the property, the bar is a great place to meet up and have delicious refreshing drinks. Beside the all-inclusive drinks, the bar serves a selection of premium imported liquors and spirits at charge. Open from 10:00 to 24:00
Light meals and snacks are served around the pool and on the beach at extra charge. Service is available from 10:00 to 21:30
Bahari Beach Bar (at sister hotel, Sandies Tropical Village)
Serves soft drinks, fruit juices, local beer and house wine from 10:00 to 17:00
MVUA AFRICAN RAIN SPA
Immersed in a relaxing atmosphere and enveloped by the fragrance of local spices, indigenous and natural ingredients, guests will find relief and welfare thanks to a rich program of massages and treatments. The SPA features two thalassotherapy salt water pools with various jets and treatments to improve blood circulation, muscle toning and oxygenation. Signature treatments, a beauty centre and a gym are also available.
TOURS AND EXCURSIONS
- Transportation to Malindi, Mombasa and Kilifi
- Memorable Safaris to Tsavo National Park
- Marine Park snorkelling trips
- African Village and Gede Ruins Tour
- Excursions to Marafa “Hell’s Kitchen”
- Malindi Town Tour
- Deep sea fishing
Unit of currency: Kenya Shillings (Ksh)
Language: Kiswahili is the national language. English is widely spoken.
Clothing: Casual sports clothes during daytime and informal dress in the evening. Nudity and Topless sunbathing is against the Kenya Law.