TOSK in the Nairobi National Park
Tour Operators Society of Kenya will be carrying out a clean-up and removal of invasive species at Nairobi National Park on 9th July 2020. TOSK believes we need to save this park.
Overview of Nairobi National Park
This is the only park in the world located in a city. It was established in the year 1946. It is home to 4 of the Big 5 animals. The park covers an area of 117km2. The park has diverse range of habitat and species. The large part of the park is mostly open grasslands with scattered acacia. It also has small man-made dams that provide water to animals during dry seasons. We have the Athi Basin adjacent to the Athi plains and home to Kitili & Silikoi (brother lions).
The park offers:
- Game Drives at favourable park fees.
- Picnic sites.
- Walking trails for hikers away from where animals are.
Tour Operators Society of Kenya’s Objective:
1. To help in cleaning up the park for a safer habitat for the animals in the wild.
2. To partner with other tourism stakeholders and general public to save the park.
3. To help in removal of invasive species.
4. To educate the public the importance of keeping our parks clean.
TOSK wishes to carry out the activity on 9th July 2020 and we invite everyone to come help us join hands to save our unique park. The activity will take part from 8.00 am -3.00 pm. The litter collection will be within the park and along the boundary on the outside.
Our key partners for this event are: Kenya Wildlife Service, Game Wardens, and any other wishing to extend their interest.
All you need to carry is masks, gloves, spirit of conservation and be prepared for field conditions. KWS has waived park fees for both participants and vehicles. We hope the activity ends successfully.
Date: Thursday, 9th July 2020
- Carry Your Mask
- Bring Your Own Reusable Water Bottle
- Wear Gloves
- TOSK T-shirt available at only 750 kshs
- Dirt bags at 50 Kshs
For more details and to RSVP your participation call 0793032194
Be part of the #TOSK CSR and play your part in protecting the environment