Invest, Create, Conserve From 2nd – 4th October 2018
This year’s Africa Hotel Investment Forum (AHIF) programme is packed with leading figures from across the sector ready to reveal their personal strategies to success.
- Daniel Silke, Director, Political Futures Consultancy giving an overview of the current global, regional and domestic economic and political drivers influencing Sub-Saharan Africa as the continent balances increasing global political risk with positive domestic promise.
- Christopher J. Nassetta, President & CEO, Hilton will discuss Hilton’s growth on the continent and how it is differentiating itself through its’ innovation story around the world and how they are supporting the wider tourism and travel sectors.
- Hon. Najib Balala, EGH, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Tourism & Wildlife, Government of Kenya will talk about the opportunities that Kenya is offering.
- Dr. Max Graham, Founder & CEO, Space for Giants will look at the status of wildlife in Africa and what is needed to protect the continent’s biodiversity. Discussing what the current contribution of tourism is to protected area management budgets.
- Federico J. González, President & CEO, Radisson Hotel Group will talk in a one on one interview.
- James Hogan, Executive Chairman, Knighthood Capital will share his experiences in the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors, how he has contributed to the development of tourism destinations, and his views on the impact of tourism and hospitality on a country’s economy.
In addition, we have multiple round table discussions allowing you to really discuss the challenges that matter to you. Topics include:
- The Rise of African Brands: How local players are building their brands. What it means to be an African Brand rather than an International Brand in terms of performance.
- Exploiting the Leisure Potential: Looking at resorts, Lodges and camps – how the leisure segment can grow
- Discussion with the DFIs: How you can make your project bankable – the ins and outs of what Development Finance Institutions look for.
- Serviced Apartments/Aparthotels: How the segment is performing across the continent. What the benefits are of combining a hotel with longer stay serviced apartments.
- Human Capital Development: How we should be addressing the issue of building and retaining local talent. What education establishments can do to influence younger generations on developing careers in the sector.
- From Signing to Opening: Putting together the right team: The importance of finding and choosing the right partners before kicking off a project; understanding what and who is needed to get a hotel up and running and mitigate delays on a hotel development.
- Security & Risk Management for the Hospitality Industry: What you need to know about epidemic risk management & solutions, and other key security issues.
- Regional Focus – How to invest in: East, West, North & South Africa
We only have a limited number of passes at the Early Bird 2 rate, so do book now to secure this discounted rate