CHEFS DELIGHT RECIPE SPICY ENGLISH FISH
- Salt – To Taste
- Lemon – 1pcs
- Black pepper – 1 pinch
- Fish fillet (Sea Fish) – 180gms
- Oil (frying) – 600ml
- Spanish Paprika – 1tbs
- Cumin Powder – 1tbs
- Garlic Powder – 1tbs
- Ginger Powder – 1tbs
- Garam Masala – 1tbs
- Baking Flour (shifted) – 3tbs
- Flour – 60gms
- Baking powder – 1/2tsp
- Beer (Lager) – 300ml
- Salt – To Taste
- Water optional for consistency of the frying batter
For The Fish:
- Season the fish with salt, lemon and pepper, let it rest for few minutes to drain excess water, rub the fish with spicy flour gently dip in beer batter with the help of a skewer till it soaks and nicely covered.
- Heat pan with oil half of the oil to 220 degrees, slowly drop the fish using the skewer, turn the pan slowly and gently to enable the fish in beer butter not to stick and burn for only 2-3minutes.
- Place the ready fish in a dried pan or baking tin underline with kitchen towel to remove excess oil
- Finally oven roast the fish for 1 minute at 160 degrees.
Serve hot with herbed Mayonnaise, Cajun Fries, Side Salad and Deep Fried Onion Rings.
DEEP FRIED ONION RINGS:
- Onion rings – 1 bulb
- Milk – 10ml
- Spicy Flour – 5gms
- Beer Batter (1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 egg, beaten, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper – Mix all ingredients and whisk in 1 ½ cups beer)
- Cut onion into rings, soak in milk to remove impurities
- Dip the rings in ketchup and dust with spicy flour
- Dip in Beer Batter and fry till golden brown.
Serve on top of the fish
Meet Chef Isaac N. Nzomo
Chef Isaac N Nzomo, an energetic, talented chef with over 16 years of hands on working experience. He believes in giving out good positive results with local available ingredients, a team player and possess a natural artistic talent that has enabled him to be on top of the game.
Trained at Welcome Inn Hotels – Diani Sea Resort and with the help of Chef Eugene Stephen Gatheru at Tipuana Gardens Bomas of Kenya. Currently working at Safari Beach Hotel/Naro Moru River Lodge.
- Consistency Always
- Use of Available Fresh Ingredients
- Simple Treat on The Plate For A Wow Factor.
Chef Isaac N. Nzomo
Creative Culinary Artist
A Chefs Delight Awards Nominated Chef
This recipe is sponsored by Chefs Delight Awards