Oriental Salmon with Mango Lime Salsa Recipe with Sarova Hotel’s Executive Chef Avraj Singh Marwa
Oriental Salmon Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Ground pepper to taste [optional]
- 300 g salmon fillet
Mince the garlic, then put them in a shallow dish. Add the grated ginger, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, oil, lemon juice, and pepper. Whisk using a fork to combine the ingredients. It is not necessary to add any salt since the soy and Hoisin sauces are already rather salty.
Put the salmon in the dish and turn it to coat with the marinade. Cover and let stand either 30 min at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF.
Remove the salmon from the marinade, letting the excess marinade drip off, then transfer it to a baking sheet, skin side down. Bake in the middle of the oven about 15 – 20 min. Alternatively, the salmon may be cooked on an outdoor grill.
Mango and Lime Salsa Recipe
- 50 grams ripe mangos, diced
- 20 grams medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 20 grams chopped red onion
- 10 grams fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
In a serving bowl, combine the prepared mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Drizzle with the juice of one lime.
Using a large spoon, stir the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt, and stir again. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer.