Fathers Day Weekend Getaway Offer At Naro Moru
Treat your dad to the ultimate Father’s Day experience with our offer at Naro Moru River Lodge.
- Father’s Day Lunch
- 2 complimentary beers of choice
- 1 hour full body massage for the father
- Accommodation in superior or deluxe room
- Full board
Kshs 10,200 per person sharing per night.
For Reservations & Inquiries On Fathers Day Offer At Naro Moru
Let’s Explore Mt. Kenya With Naro Moru River Lodge
Kshs 28,000 Per Person for Residents & $433 For Non-Residents
Minimum 8 pax
Valid From 9th – 11th September 2022
Transportation from the lodge to Mt. Kenya National Park Gate & Back
Park Entrance Fees
Guides, Porters and Cooks
Accommodation on the Mountain
All three meals of the day
Certification on Completion
‘Lipa Mdogo Mdogo’ Option (Paybill business number: 823200, Account Number: ‘Your Name’).
For Reservations & Inquiries
NARO MORU RIVER LODGE
In the shadow of Mt. Kenya’s majestic slopes and along the banks of Tigithi river lies Naro Moru River Lodge, constructed in 1949 and founded by Sir Rufus Klarwill. The Lodge is currently owned by the Alliance Group which has managed the Lodge since the 1970’s
It is situated on the equator between Nyeri and Nanyuki at an altitude of 1,982m(6,505ft). The quaint lodge was created to enhance nature’s beauty with rustic rooms and cottages and public area facilities designed to meet the modern standards of discerning guests.
The intoxicating fragrance from the lush gardens, spacious rooms; many with fireplaces, exciting food, great outdoor spaces and facilities make Naro Moru River Lodge the perfect getaway for families, couples, conferences and those in search of various outdoor challenges.
The lodge is located at a distance of 180km from Nairobi, approximately 2 ½ hours drive.
It is also accessible by air, through the Nanyuki airstrip approximately 45 mins flight duration from Nairobi and at a distance of 15km from the airstrip to the lodge.
The lodge is also accessible by rail with the Naro Moru railway station being at a distance of 2km from the Lodge.
Nanyuki town which is located just 21 km from the Lodge, approx. 20 minutes drive, provides access to retail outlets, restaurants, banking facilities and other urban services for travellers.
41 Bedrooms comprising of:
- 12 standard rooms
- 10 superior rooms
- 12 deluxe rooms
- 7 cottages – Sendeyo, Tereri, Nelion, Rutundu, Ithanguni, Batian, Lenana
- Bunkbeds – 44 pax bed capacity
- Campsite that can accommodate 100 people
NB: Interconnecting rooms are available, while the cottages have fully equipped kitchens. The campsite has a spacious kitchen, sufficient male and female washrooms, an outdoor firepit and an all-weather dining hall.
We have two restaurants that can host a total of 150 people serving buffet, Table d’hote and A-la-carte meals:
- Kirinyaga Restaurant with a spectacular view of Tigithi River and well-manicured gardens o
- Nelion Restaurant overlooking the swimming pool and with a spectacular view of Mt. Kenya peaks.
- Pt. Lenana Bar with a spectacular view of Tigithi River and well-manicured gardens
- Batian Bar- overlooking the swimming pool
Makutano conference hall:
- Offers seating for 120 people theatre style
- 90 people classroom style and
- 40 people in a round table
Mt. Kenya Complex:
- Offers seating for 60 people theatre style
- 45 people classroom style and
- 25 people in a round style
- With a seating capacity of 10 people.
RECREATION & ADVENTURE
Naro Moru River Lodge is recognized as the primary base for climbing Mount Kenya. We organize and offer Mountain safaris through the various routes: Naro Moru route is the quickest and shortest to Pt. Lenana, Sirimon route offering some of the best views of the main peaks, Chogoria route has the most spectacular with beautiful sceneries and also through the Timau route as the main access of the northern side of the mountain.
The Lodge also operates under lease from KWS two camps on the Naro Moru Route on Mt Kenya; Met Station and Mckinders Camp at 4,300 metres above sea level.
We have a well-developed technical track of international standards for mountain bikers passing through the tropical vegetation and covering a distance of 10kms with flyover bridges.
The entire track was designed by renowned cyclist David Kinjah and developed entirely under his supervision and lies entirely within the extensive Lodge compounds.
Other sports include:
- Outdoor challenge course and various facilities for team building activities o Squash court, table tennis and a tennis/basketball court
- Pool table
- Swimming pool with a spectacular view of Mt. Kenya peaks
- Sauna and massage services are also available
- Bird watching and nature trail along the river and through the indigenous Naro Moru forest
For Reservations & Inquires
Connect With Us