Fat Loss does not need to be made complicated or difficult.
We live in a world filled with diet myths and fad trends, which may work, but at Healthy U, we believe in keeping it simple! Simple is quick. Simple is easy. Here we shall start with some common questions surrounding fat loss, and then provide you some tips and tricks on how to make fat loss simple.
1 What diet is best for fat loss?
a) Overall, the best recommended diets for fat loss includes;
- More protein
- Fruits and vegetables – more ‘whole foods’
- Fewer processed foods
b) The diets that work all share one common trait: help you create a calorie deficit that you can maintain for a long period of time.
- This means that you should be eating less than you are burning.
c) The best diet is the most sustainable one.
- The easier to lose, the easier to gain back. Therefore, don’t rush with dieting!
- You might be eating too little for a short term weight loss that most likely is not sustainable.
- Make fat loss long term. This means that it just becomes a part of the lifestyle for you.
2. What workouts are the best?
a) Sometimes, it doesn’t matter what exercise you do, just as long as you do it!
- Make sure that you move at least 30 minutes everyday.
b) Prioritize strength training
- When you are dieting and your body is in a caloric deficit, it is important to maintain your muscle strength.
- Weight training ensures that your body retains muscle while burning fat.
i. More muscle means a higher metabolism.
ii. This is great for burning fat, and keeping it off!
iii. It is advised to strength train at least three times a week.
And you do not necessarily need a gym! Body weight exercises can also count as strength / resistance training.
c) Remember that when it comes to fat loss, you cannot ‘out-train’ a bad diet.
- How much (and the quality) you eat will dictate the majority of your fat loss efforts, no matter how hard you work in the gym.
3. What are some additional tips and tricks?
a) Make sure to stay hydrated!
- Sometimes your body may mistake thirst for hunger.
- The next time you are craving something, drink a glass of water and see if the craving is still there.
b) Eat fat burning foods. These include
- Cayenne pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Green tea
- Lemon water
- Greek Yoghurt
c) Speed up the process with fat burners
- We recommend the following;
d) We also would also recommend an additional source of fibre.
Note* “The service desk is temporarily closed due to Covid, however all nutritionists are still present to provide advice at all Healthy U branches”
SHOP ONLINE at www.healthyu.co.ke
A Healthier U with Healthy U