Acne is an inflammatory skin condition that affects 75% of people between 11 to 30 years old. As was established in last week’s article (https://www.goplacesdigital.com/how-to-get-rid-of-acne-part-1-with-healthy-u/), there are a few tips and tricks to implement that may definitely help with your acne.
For some, small tweaks can make a difference in treating, or at least managing one’s acne. For others, some more serious medication, supplementation or diet plans may be advised*. But for all, even those with fairly clear skin, having a routine is so important.
Not just in managing your acne, keeping your skin youthful, vibrant and wrinkle free is a lifelong routine. Follow these simple steps to keep your skin looking flawless and vibrant.
Washing your face with appropriate cleansers (suitable for your skin) will definitely help keep your pores clean!
- Morning and night, rinse your face water and rub a small amount of gentle cleanser between clean palms.
- Massage your face using gentle pressure.
- If you wear make-up, you may need a second round of washing.
What type of face wash should I use?
Not all face washes are created the same. Different formulas and different textures may impact your skin. We would advise the following;
- Oily skin – foaming liquid to break down the excess oils in the skin
- Dry skin – Cream or lotion to help moisturize the skin as your cleanse it
- Sensitive skin – oil-based cleansers are recommended if these do not cause breakouts for your skin.
- All skin types – Mi-cellar water is great soap-free cleansing option that works well for any skin!
- Toning is great for balancing the skin.
a) Think of toners as a way to ‘supplement’ the skin with an extra boost of skin nutrients.
b) This is also good at balancing your complexion.
- Find a toner that works best for your skin type.
- Use it every night or every other day depending on your needs.
- Use a toner by applying it to a cotton pad and wiping it gently over your skin.
*Do it immediately after cleansing.
- Moisturizing your skin is incredibly important for skin vitality.
- Although acne can be caused by oily skin, it is still important no matter the skin type that you moisturize.
* Just make sure you are using products suitable for your skin type.
- Creams, face oils, or lotions are the most common ways to moisturize. However we would recommend the following;
a) Oily skin – use gel moisturizers. These are lightweight and absorb quickly into the skin.
b) Normal or combination – use lotions. Your classic moisturizer.
c) Dry skin – use creams or face oils. These help to combat skin dryness.
Give it time!
With any skincare routine, it takes time to see the rewards. With an effective skincare routine, it is one that will keep you looking vibrant, youthful and healthier for longer.
Products & Services
A Healthier U with Healthy U
SHOP ONLINE at www.healthyu.co.ke